Monday, September 3, 2012

Babies, babies and more

Did you ever notice that once a friend tells you that she is pregnat that suddenly others do to?  Our second grand baby was born last week.  She is healthy, though the mom gave all of us quite a scare - everyone is doing great now.
I've been busy making flannel blankets for our friend that is expecting twins!  BOYS!  That makes four boys in her house under the age 5!  God bless her!  I have one girl- I love her beyond words but four? WOWZA!  I love making these blankets, they are simple, fast with great results.  I also made burp cloths to match.

I want to start making a fall wall hanging but have yet to find one that tickles my fancy.  I am on the hunt for something with lots of leaves.  I found one at Keepsake quilting site but it is for a lap quilt.  I might have to make my own pattern?  The quest will continue!  I have made progress on my spring quilt.  The squares are all pieced.  I have to move that one to the back burner and get started and finished with fall and winter!

This week we are having the popcorn ceiling done on the main level.  Did you know that you can't remove it once it is painted?  I had to hire this one out :(  I hate the way that popcorn ceilings collect dust. I often just stare up and think ewwwwww.  I am looking forward to flat smooth ceilings! I will hate the dust that this will create but the outcome is so worth all the dust!

I will take pictures of all the progress that happens this week!  Have a great week.



2 comments: