Thursday, February 7, 2013

Something Bright and Oh So Cheery~

With Valentine's Day fast approaching I whipped up this bright and cheery wall hanging. It is so brown this time of year here in the South that I needed something bright!  I made up the pattern myself.  As far as quilting it, I attempted 'stitch in the ditch' for the first time.  I must say it was easier and had great results then I first thought.

On the knitting front. I finished my 'vanilla socks'.  They were knitted on the wrong size needles so will be gifted to someone :).  All was not lost there~
I also am ALMOST done with the first glove in the Downton Abbey KAL.  I had to put this project aside to make a couple of birthday gifts.  The birthday gifts are completed but I can't post them quite yet.  But here is what the glove looks like~
I am in the midst of planning the next house project!  WOWZA~  I will have to totally 'butter' the husband up for this one!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love my gifts, post away! Love those yellow and gray socks, but, would have liked blocks of color, you know? The hearts Re cheerful !

    ReplyDelete