Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ohhhh..... Ahhhhh...... and OUCH!

Our front yard needed help.  Talk about lack of curb appeal!  It seems EVERYONE here in the NC has the standard shrubs in their front yards.  I HATE them!  I waited a whole year to rip those things out.  In came BLOOMING perennials!  YAHOOO!  I can not wait for the to start!
                        The BEFORE.  There is even a dead tree all the way on the left.
                                                          Good-bye, ugly bushes HELLO COLOR!



                                                     



So MUCH BETTER!  I know it looks 'little' now, but like with all great plants they just have to have time to grow!  So worth the wait.  On the other side we cleared out the bushes and planted grass.

As if that wasn't exciting enough?!  My raised beds were filled with dirt and are now ready for their plants!  I have plans for these.  Climbing Clematis? Paint the door?  Lots of color!

On the knitting front I finished  knitting my 'love' socks.  They turned out great.  Looking at them they do not flatter my cankle at all!  Hopefully after a wash they will be better fitting?



The bad thing is that I injured my index finger on my right hand.  I ripped off the nail to about 1/2 the regular size.  It is Baaaddddd!  Ewwww!  Ouch!  Sorry if you are drinking a coffee or eating reading this!  I tried knitting today no such luck.  The bandaid that I have to wear is too big and it's not working for me at this time.  (huge SIGH)  I'm hoping that it will heal quick!?

Have a great week!  I will post pictures soon of the flower boxes!


1 comment:

  1. Everythign is wonderful, in three years, you'll have a flower showcase!

    ReplyDelete