Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Vacation Break

We are just back from Disney World!  WOW!  It was Aaaaaamazing!  It was S and my first time there. What an adventure!  I want to go back some day!

Before the trip I sewed a bag. It was my first one I ever made,  I cursed a lot. I'm not sure that I will ever make another one but this was did serve it's purpose and it was an awesome bag nonetheless.  It is an Amy Butler pattern that my sister shared with me.  The only adjustment that I made was making the straps longer so it was more like a messenger style.  I put in FOUR zippers a snap, and a liner in this sucker!  WOW!  I was ready to be done with the project about half way through.  I found the directions challenging at times.  I read ahead, pinned and then reread before I sewed.  There are some mistakes, but I can live with those!
 Of course I had to have a knit project in the car.  I started striped pair of socks!  Two at a time, two different colors~ YES~ I have a web of yarn at times.  But now that I can knit two socks at a time, I have a REALLY hard time just knitting ONE!
 The socks are a lot farther now, I must take a picture!
I also swatched for my first (drum roll please) SWEATER!  WOWZA!  Yes, that is sock yarn you see, crazy I am for not using worsted weight for my first sweater......

The yarn is Madelintosh...love it. It is darker then I originally anticipated but the colors are what drew me to the yarn.  I am making "Ink" on raverly.

I must go...my daughter has come up with the idea of an Easter Egg Hunt at our house!  JOY!  I can't wait to start planning!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment